The College of Nursing’s vision and goals embody the Aggie core values of excellence, integrity, leadership, loyalty, respect and selfless service. Standing on these values, we strive for a culture of respect and integrity through shared governance and transparency, and appreciation for diversity and interprofessional collaboration.
Goal 1: Students and Education
Educate professional and advanced practice nurses who exemplify excellence in clinical practice, scholarship, service, leadership and personal growth.
- Recruit, retain and graduate a highly-qualified and diverse student body.
- Lead the use of innovative, evidence-based technologies and pedagogies in nursing education.
- Establish quality standards for the delivery of online courses and programs.
- Develop and expand the use of simulation.
- Engage in high-impact interprofessional education.
- Enhance partnerships with clinical institutions dedicated to excellence in practice, education and research.
- Develop transition to practice partnerships.
- Develop and launch a doctorate in nursing program.
Goal 2: Research and Scholarship
Advance knowledge, practice and pedagogy through the transformation of the College of Nursing into a national leader in innovative research and scholarship.
- Develop research centers with specific research foci.
- Target recruitment of senior researchers.
- Support collaboration with interprofessional research partners and teams.
- Enhance capacity to secure extramural funding.
- Foster undergraduate and graduate student engagement in research and scholarship
Goal 3: Outreach and Service
Endorse and uphold the principles of cultural humility and sensitivity, and commit to working in partnership with the communities we serve to co-create mutually beneficial relationships and improve health outcomes.
- Incorporate community-based learning opportunities.
- Develop collaborative outreach initiatives in rural nurse practitioner clinics, telemedicine and other rural initiatives for faculty practice and student clinical experiences.
- Develop educational programs and prevention strategies for the growing threat of violence across the lifespan.
Goal 4: Faculty and Staff Excellence
Foster a supportive environment, building upon our strengths and promoting a culture of excellence that is the driving force in the achievement of our strategic goals.
- Attract and retain an increasingly diverse leadership team, faculty and staff body.
- Facilitate interprofessional teamwork and foster a culture of respect, integrity and commitment to the achievement of the CON and TAMU values and goals.
- Develop a robust mentoring program to empower individuals to develop and maximize their abilities and expertise in support of the CON needs.
Goal 5: Identity and Visibility
Achieve recognition as the nursing school of choice in Texas and nationally for students, faculty and employers.
- Promote the CON’s distinctive identity and contribution broadly through marketing, dissemination of research and service on regional and national committees and boards.
- Develop and implement a plan to improve communication and awareness to alumni and partners.
- Plan strategic, mission-driven growth of programs that meet the needs of our communities.
- Achieve statewide and national recognition and ranking.